State-of-the-Art Safety Features:
Along with creating an innovative “aerial playground”, the course also features state of the art safety technology. Double lines provide a increased level of redundancy. It also features a proprietary braking method to ensure a smooth and comfortable operation.
- 100% Redundancy: All attachment points are redundant, ensuring maximum participant safety.
- WhisperLines: All lines are constructed of aircraft-grade galvanized steel cables, coated with a proprietary polymer blend. The nylon-based coating dramatically increases line longevity by reducing corrosion and wear. Also, the coating reduces noise by over 50% (compared to standard uncoated lines) so you hear the sounds of the forest, not the whine of steel on steel. The only operator in Hawaii to provide this feature.
- Participant Control System: A custom “participant control system” is used to enhance the user experience by giving the rider complete control over their personal ride. Other lines utilize a gravity brake wherein riders have no control over how fast or slow their ride is. By allowing you to control your speed and orientation, you become an active participant in your zipline experience as opposed to just “going along for the ride.” Of course, as with all safety systems, our Zipline Guides provide redundancy for guests that need assistance with braking.
Kohala Zipline – Your Safety is our Priority
Kohala Zipline partnered with industry-leading experts to identify the inherent risks of canopy adventures. Throughout each phase of construction, training, operations, equipment selection, maintenance, and program development we’ve implemented measures to ensure participant safety. We have an uncompromising commitment to safety.
Kohala Zipline is a member of the Association for Challenge Course Technologies (ACCT). We meet or exceed all ACCT standards for construction, operations and training.
- Our course was designed and built by the leading canopy tour designer and installer in North America, Bonsai Design Inc.
- Redundancy has been designed and implemented into each tour element and attachment point, ensuring participant safety.
- Trained and certified staff inspect the tour elements daily, and after major weather events such as storms or heavy winds. The experts at Bonsai Design Inc. inspect and maintain our course regularly.
- Each and every Canopy Guide is certified and undergoes a rigorous 50 – 60 hour training course, and must pass written and field exams before leading participants on tours.
- Canopy Guides are required to participate in continuing education to hone their safety, interpretation, and guiding skills.
- Canopy Guides are certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Kohala Zipline has adopted an industry-leading training program to ensure our Canopy Guides exceed industry standards.